Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center and Vanderbilt University Medical Center hold a number of distinctions, accreditations and affiliations that relate to the depth, breadth and quality of our expertise in cancer treatment, research, prevention and education.
National Leaders in Cancer Research & Care
- Ranked #1 Cancer Center in Tennessee and 42nd in the nation, by U.S. News & World Report
- One of 50 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers, and the only one in Tennessee that conducts research and cares for adults and children with cancer
- Member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), a non-profit alliance of 28 of the world's leading cancer centers who have come together to improve care for cancer patients everywhere
- A comprehensive team of more than 200 physicians with the depth and breadth of experience to design a treatment plan customized to every patient.
- Providing care for more than 6,250 new cancer patients – including more than 158,000 outpatient visits – each year.
- At the forefront of promising new therapies, with access to over 150 clinical trials at any given time.
- Multiple convenient locations throughout middle Tennessee, including the Henry Joyce Clinic at The Vanderbilt Clinic, One Hundred Oaks, Cool Springs, Franklin, Spring Hill, Springfield and Clarksville.
- Enhancing cancer care in the region through affiliate relationships with Baptist Memorial Health Care, Maury Regional Medical Center, NorthCrest Medical Center, and Williamson Medical Center.
- A wide spectrum of services support patients' individual needs from diagnosis through survivorship, including education, prevention, screening, diagnosis, wellness services, hereditary cancer consultation, treatment, palliative care and survivorship.
- Nationwide leaders in cancer survivorship, with one of the only centers in the country with a comprehensive program for cancer survivors regardless of age, type of cancer or where they received their oncology treatment.
Research & Innovation
- More than 300 researchers and physician-scientists in eight research programs
- Ranked 9th in competitively awarded NCI grant funding with over $69 million; a total research base of over $142 million in research funding from public and private sources
- Developer of MyCancerGenome.org, an award-winning online resource for genetically informed cancer information, which has received visitors from over 200 countries/territories.
Other Designations & Accreditations
- Blue Distinction Center for Complex and Rare Cancers (Blue Cross Blue Shield Association/Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee)
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Recognition Program
- National Marrow Donor Program affiliate
- American Association of Cancer Institutes
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (blood and bone marrow transplant program)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (blood and bone marrow transplant program)
- NCI program for Phase I and Phase II clinical trials
- Two NCI Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (colon and breast cancer)
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (American College of Radiology)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (American College of Surgeons)